Tuesday, 3 May 2011

#5 Suprise Bacon

Hmmm, I’m feeling quite peckish. Not hungry, but I wouldn’t mind a little something. Check the fridge. Eggs, milk, a couple of suspicious looking yoghurts... the usual really. Jam, butter, half of a lime because you once read somewhere that it works as an odour-eliminator. Boring. Check the cupboards. Nah, don’t fancy that. Or that. Bread, you are pointless. I can’t eat just you alone. Check the freezer. That looks complicated to cook. That froze over and went out of date years ago. And just what is THAT? The last resort, the fridge. Again. Same old eggs and milk. The jam is still sitting there, beside the same old butter. Hang on, what’s behind this left-over chicken from Sunday lunch? A jar of mayonnaise, few rashers of bacon, a block of cheese... Woah, back up a bit. Bacon? Where did you come from? I don’t recall you being here. Check the date... “Best Before the 22nd”... Check the date on the calendar... Its the 20th. What a bonus! I’ve got two whole days to enjoy this delicious, mouth-wateringly succulent bacon that I never even knew I had.
Better grab that bread and butter we disregarded earlier. Unexpected bacon sandwich anyone? So much win.

No comments:

Post a Comment